- Anatomy of a Regulatory Exam – Paul Groot of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency will talk about what to expect during the examination process. The discussion should help lenders prepare for exams and provide valuable insight to developers and contractors.
- Trends in commercial real estate in 2019 – KC Conway, Chief Economist for CCIM Institute, will provide an overview of economic trends and thoughts on the next recession.)
- Construction bonding and claims process – Jim Swindle, former President of Surety Association of South Texas as well as owner and principal agent of Alamo Surety Bonds. Jim will provide a grounding on the basics of construction surety and claims process.
- Managing troubled loans – A member panel will discuss problem loans and strategies to minimize losses during the next downturn.
- Boots on the Ground – Local contractors/developers will provide perspectives on market conditions, considerations for development and contracting and management of uncertainties
- New Tech – Tech companies like Codefi and ContractSimply will provide an overview of market capabilities and discuss challenges in implementing tech solutions.
- Modular Construction – Lenders and manufacturers will review real-life case studies to look at the impact of modular off-site construction on the construction process.
Discussions and Breakouts:
- LIHTC unique risks and risk management
- Contingency budgets and use
- Contractor Evaluation
- Variations in scope of work
- Common sources of change orders
- Handling of increased labor and materials costs
- SBA Construction Lending
- Emerging Concerns and Trends
- Disbursement Management White Paper